The Hutchins Police Department seeks highly motivated individuals who will serve our community with integrity and courage, committing themselves to protecting the lives and property of the City of Hutchins.
- Must meet all TCOLE requirements and pass a thorough background check.
- Licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement at the time of examination (consideration will also be given to those candidates currently enrolled in the Police Academy).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Eyesight correctable with glasses to 20/20 vision.
- No more than four moving violations in the last 3 years, including accidents.
- No convictions, probation, or deferred adjudication above a Class B misdemeanor.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Written Examination
- Turn in Personal History Statement
- Background Investigation
- Interviews with Review Board & Chief
- Contingent Job Offer
- Polygraph & Psychological Test
- Physical Examination & Drug Screen
Personal History Statement
All applicants will be required to complete a Personal History Statement. If you are unable to print and fill it out, a copy will be provided for you.