Information for Atmos Customers
If you need assistance paying your natural gas bill this winter, please visit www.atmosenergy.com/assistance.
Reconnect Your Natural Gas Service
If your natural gas lapsed for any reason and you need to reconnect service, contact Atmos Energy now to schedule an appointment.
Atmos Energy Customer Service
(Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT)
Sign Up for Text Alerts
When the forecast calls for extreme cold to arrive, Atmos Energy will closely monitor the weather and stage qualified, well-trained employees across our system. We will communicate regularly with customers and communities before, during, and after extreme weather events. To sign up for text alerts, adjust your notification preferences in the Account Center.
Energy Saving Reminders for Winter
Remember that colder weather may impact the amount of natural gas you use. To save energy and money, please consider these energy-saving tips where safe to do so.
- Lower your thermostat to 68 degrees during the day and 58 degrees when you are away from home.
- Reduce your shower and bath time. Showering and bathing can account for 40 percent of your home's hot water use.
- Lower your water heater temperature to 120 degrees. Water heating accounts for as much as 25 percent of the energy consumed in your home.
- Do not use a pool heater. Instead, run your pool pump during the coldest part of the day to circulate the water and prevent freezing.
- Operate your clothes washer, dryer, and dishwasher only when fully loaded.
- Unless a fire is burning, close your fireplace damper to prevent warm air from escaping up the chimney.