Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Atwell Public Library. Pick up your application in the library.
Minimum requirements to volunteer:
- Must fill out an application.
- Consent to a background check.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer.
- Applicants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission.
- Applicants must not be seeking court-ordered community service hours.
- Student volunteers are considered those working for National Honor Society or other school related hours.
Samples of volunteering opportunities include:
- Greeting and welcoming patrons
- Shelving books and straightening shelves.
- Assisting Circulation Desk
- Computer coach
- Adult program assistant
- Teen program assistant
- Children’s programs (game days, seasonal crafts, storytime.)
Volunteer applications and background checks are reviewed and assessed by the City of Hutchins Human Resource Department. If the volunteer application is accepted, the librarian will contact the volunteer by email and/or phone. Volunteers are under the direct supervision of the librarian and will receive assignments based on needs of the library as well as matching interests and skills.