The City of Hutchins is seeking a qualified Human Resources Manager!
The hiring range for this position is $47,260 - $54,992.
This position will remain open until filled.
To oversee and administer all aspects of the human resources function including employee benefits administration, pay and classification plan implementation, processing bi-weekly payroll, interpretation and development of personnel policy updates, new employee onboarding, employee training coordination, worker’s compensation program management and annual employee performance evaluation program.
General supervision is provided by the City Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll ensuring the appropriate calculation of overtime, compensatory time, holiday, vacation, and sick time is reported and submitted for employee compensation.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Administers the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) program
- Administers the Worker’s Compensation Program
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
A bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development, public administration, or a related field.
Five (5) years of human resource experience in a municipality, or nine (9) years of an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred