About Hutchins, Texas
is located on the Southern Pacific Central Railroad in southern
County. The community was founded in 1860 as the trading place
for immigrants who crossed the Trinity River from the east of
Ferry and for the settlers along the west banks of the river.
town received its name from William J. Hutchins who was then President
and General Manager of the Houston and Texas Central Railroad and
was responsible for the railroad locating in Hutchins in the mid
1800's. The town was officially incorporated in 1945 and presently
has a population of about 2900 people.
town borders on the Trinity River on the east, Lancaster city limits
on the west, Dallas city limits on the north and Wilmer city limits
on the south and encompasses approximately 8.6 square miles and
is only ten miles from bustling downtown Dallas, by limited access
6 lane freeway.
is a small but attractive part of the Dallas Metropolitan Area
with its strategic geographical location and adequate utilities,
land, railroad and interstate highways, it is certain to play
role in the continued growth of Dallas County. The Hutchins Chamber
of Commerce welcomes all inquiries from interested individuals
industries and will furnish information to all requests.
access to all points in the DFW Metroplex:
minutes to downtown Dallas
minutes to Los Colinas
minutes to DFW Airport
minutes to downtown Ft. Worth
minutes to Interstate 35
32.643784 degrees North of the equator and 96.707538 degrees
west of the prime meridian.